25/11/2014

Venice, Italy

You read about this city in books, you learn about it in school, but when you see it with your own eyes.... well, you can not describe Venice, if you have never been there.
It is majestic, incredible and dreamy. It is like no other city in the world. Imagine.. no cars, no streets, houses floating on the water. I have been amazed from the moment I stepped out of the train station. It literally took my breath away.
177 canals, 409 bridges, no two quite the same. I went off the tourist track and I got lost in the web of narrow streets of this magical city. I have seen people visiting friends, walking dogs, hanging laundry just outside their windows- the usual life of Venetians still living in their city. 
There are so many places I have not visited yet, even though Venice is only 415km². So many bridges still to climb, so many trattoria's to visit, so many procescco glasses to drink by the Rialto bridge. Venice, I will definitely be back.








No comments:

Post a Comment